COVID 19 Measures
According to the COVID-19 measures, no fishing licences will be sold in the Tourist Information Office of Bütgenbach. Fishing licenses are available online (see below).
Fishing in the lake of Bütgenbach is allowed again as from the 4th May.
- A maximum of two people from the same household
- at least 5 metres distance between fishermen (or fishing duo)
Walloon fishing license
To fish in the lake of Bütgenbach or in one of its rivers (Warche, Holzwarche) you need 2 fishing licenses. Do you want to fish from a boat, then you need a supplementary license (boat license). You want to fish in a private pond: no licenses needed.
The fishing license may be obtained in all the post offices of Wallonia. It’s personal and valid for the entire year. You can also buy it online: Your fishing license for Wallonia. Your license is immediately available at the end of the process. Download it and print it to fish without waiting.
- License A for fishing with maximum two lines.
- License B for fishing from small boats, piers, floors.... The B license authorizes fishing with maximum two lines fishing otherwise than along the water and also fishing with another equipment than the fishing rod (also for carp fishing at night and crayfish fishing with clamps or balances).
Currently, also the additional local fisching license is to be bought online: https://cartedepeche.be
- 1-year license for adults: 65€ (valid as from the 3d Saturday in March)
- 1-year license for yougsters (14 to17 years old) & PRM with an official proof of disability: 50€ (valid as from the 3d Saturday in March)
- 1-day license: 10€ (valid as from the 1st Saturday in June/ only fishing along the water)
- Boat Fishing license for 1 day: 20€ (valid as from the 1st Saturday in June/ only No-Kill fishing also from the boat)
- License for 2 consecutive days: 16€ (valid as from the 1st Saturday in June/ only fishing along the water)
- License for 7 consecutive days: 30€ (valid as from the 3d Saturday in March)
- License for 14 consecutive days: 40€ (valid as from the 3d Saturday in March)
- + Administration: 1€
To fish from a boat you need: