To fish in the lake of Bütgenbach or in one of its rivers (Warche, Holzwarche) you need 2 fishing licenses. Do you want to fish from a boat, then you need a supplementary license (boat license). You want to fish in a private pond: no licenses needed.
Walloon fishing license
The fishing license may be obtained in all the post offices of Wallonia. It’s personal and valid for the entire year. You can also buy it online: Your fishing license for Wallonia. Your license is immediately available at the end of the process. Download it and print it to fish without waiting.
- License A for fishing with maximum two lines.
- License B for fishing from small boats, piers, floors.... The B license authorizes fishing with maximum two lines fishing otherwise than along the water and also fishing with another equipment than the fishing rod (also for carp fishing at night and crayfish fishing with clamps or balances).
- 1-year license for adults: 65€ (valid as from the 3d Saturday in March)
- 1-year license for yougsters (14 to17 years old) & PRM with an official proof of disability: 50€ (valid as from the 3d Saturday in March)
- 1-day license: 10€ (valid as from the 1st Saturday in June/ only fishing along the water)
- License for 2 consecutive days: 16€ (valid as from the 1st Saturday in June/ only fishing along the water)
- License for 7 consecutive days: 30€ (valid as from the 3d Saturday in March)
- License for 14 consecutive days: 40€ (valid as from the 3d Saturday in March)
- + Administration: 1€
To fish from a boat you need: