To fish in the lake of Bütgenbach or in one of its rivers (Warche, Holzwarche) you need 2 fishing licenses. Do you want to fish from a boat, then you need a supplementary license (boat license). You want to fish in "Zum Fishweier", a private pond: no licenses needed.
Walloon fishing license
The fishing license is to be obtained online: Your fishing license for Wallonia. Your license is immediately available at the end of the process. Download it and print it to fish without waiting or show it on your smartphone when you're at the Tourist Info Office to buy the local license.
- License A for fishing with maximum two lines.
- License B for fishing as described under License A + for fishing from small boats, piers, floors..
- License C for fishing as described under License A and B + for carp fishing
- License T for fishing during 14 days
Local licenses can be bought at the Tourist Office of Bütgenbach. Attention, there is no payment terminal (Bancontact) in the tourist office. Please bring the exact amount of money you need. Thank you very much!
They can also be bought on line: https://cartedepeche.be
- 1-year license for adults: 65€ (valid as from the 3d Saturday in March)
- 1-year license for yougsters (14 to17 years old) & PRM with an official proof of disability: 50€ (valid as from the 3d Saturday in March)
- 1-day license: 10€ (valid as from the 1st Saturday in June/ only fishing along the water)
- Boat Fishing license for 1 day: 20€ (valid as from the 1st Saturday in June/ only No-Kill fishing also from the boat)
- License for 2 consecutive days: 16€ (valid as from the 1st Saturday in June/ only fishing along the water)
- License for 7 consecutive days: 30€ (valid as from the 3d Saturday in March)
- License for 14 consecutive days: 40€ (valid as from the 3d Saturday in March)
- + Administration: 1€ or 2€ (for 1-year licenses)
To fish from a boat you need: